General Facility Services
5 Dining Rooms service our various levels of service.
Meals can be customized to an individual’s preference or dietary needs. Room service is available. We offer Private & Semi-Private Rooms and apartments for a total of 159 residents. All rooms have emergency call bells and privacy curtains. Full Laundry Service & Housekeeping are provided. Cable TV and phones are available. Rooms can be individualized, meaning residents can bring their favorite items from home – i.e. pictures, end-tables, curtains, bedspread, etc. (Restrictions only apply if an item does not meet state code requirements.) We also provide furniture for all areas, except in our assisted-living apartments. On-site Beauty Salon is available with a professional stylist.
“The staff here at Ross Manor are some of the most dedicated people I’ve ever met, they go above and beyond for the residents here on a daily basis.”
We provide a roomy wheelchair-accessible bus for transportation of groups and individuals for anything from doctors’ appointments to shopping events and more.
In House “Banking” Services
Through our Office Manager, residents can have funds on-site and can draw from that money when needed for shopping or to purchase miscellaneous items.
Medicare, Maine Care and private insurance are all payment sources for services.
Our Administrative office works with most insurance companies as a preferred provider/in-network. We continuously try to be updated with the major networks and if not, take the proper steps to initiate registration.
All major credit cards accepted.
To create a comfortable, secure daily situation for each person’s varying physical and emotional needs, you need a real depth of expertise on-site and a successful history of care giving. We have the experience, knowledge and professional support for you to rest at ease, whether you’re a resident or a family member.
Ross Manor is operated under the care of our Medical Director, Dr. Dale Walker, who is directly employed by Eastern Maine Health Care.
- Any physician is welcome to practice at Ross Manor, as long as they follow regulations.
- If a resident does not have a doctor, Ross Manor will provide one.
- Dr. Walker is a Certified Medical Director and is Board Certified in Family Practice and Geriatric Medicine.
- Doctors and Physician Assistants are on-site several days a week and on-call service is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Skilled staff include RN’s, LPN’s, CNA’s, Med Techs, and CRMA’s.
- Dually Certified – Skilled Rehabilitation and Long Term Nursing care.
- Physical Therapy – Occupational Therapy – Speech Therapy.
- Hospice care.
- Podiatry services.
- We are familiar with maintaining a professional dialogue with family doctors and all medical specialists, including oncologists, orthopedics, vascular and general surgery.
- We maintain full medical records and are currently using an electronic medical records system.
- A Pharmacy has been designated. However, if a client chooses to, they can select a pharmacy of their choice (unless receiving skilled services).
- A Pharmacy Consultant provides med reviews on a regular basis.
- Registered Dietician Consultant – selects and manages all special diets.
- Oxygen Therapy.
- Dental Services – a dentist comes in for on-site evaluations.
- Access to a Wound Care Clinic.
Every person is different. We understand that personal preferences vary, and options are important to making a person’s world comfortable and familiar. That’s why we’ve gathered together a long list of amenities that encourage independence and the ability to personalize each resident’s world to their liking.
Our full-time Activity Director orchestrates a wide range of activities designed to engage our residents’ interests on a seasonal and intellectual basis. Everyone is encouraged to participate in each event to whatever degree they chose. We also encourage and welcome suggestions from residents as well as family members. Families can arrange private parties with the Activities Director.
- Coffee Socials.
- Monthly lunch and dinner trips to restaurants.
- Weekly field trips to churches, museums and more.
- Games – Scrabble, Bingo, Trivia and Quiz games.
- Watercolor painting.
- Wine and Cheese Socials.
- Piano on-site.
- Cooking groups.
With a reputation for community involvement, our staff work diligently to seek out and nurture a broad range of entertainment venues that appeal to residents on an ever-changing basis.
- Local Visual Artists.
- Musical Performances.
- Travel Photo Presentations.
- Local School Plays and Performances.